Why You Need a Plumber for Your Kitchen Renovation
Posted by Jason Genah on 02-03-2020
Renovating your kitchen is a big job. There are so many things to consider and remember. It can be easy to overlook some details, but when it comes to your plumbing, it is best to trust the professionals. While it may not be the most glamorous part of the work, plumbing is, without a doubt, essential to your home. Depending on the project, it is important to keep in mind several factors about your home’s plumbing so you can have a successful renovation. Luckily, when you hire a professional plumber, you can have the peace of mind that your project will be done right.
Tips for Renovation Plumbing
Kitchen renovations require that you build around the plumbing you already have in the home. This means that you will have to design your plans around some of the important elements in your kitchen, such as your sink and pipes.
When it comes to incorporating your plumbing into your renovation plans, there are some essential things to remember. These include:
- Make room for your sink: The placement of your sink in your plans will determine how well it looks and works. Don’t let your sink be an afterthought. Consider how your cabinets and drawers are built around your sink. Your plumber can help you find a design you like, and that works.
- Plan around your pipes: The layout of your renovation should consider the plumbing that is already in place in your kitchen. Before you pick out your cabinets, countertops, appliances, and other details, familiarize yourself with where the pipes are in your kitchen. Taking this into consideration early can help you prevent costly mistakes later down the road.
- Pipe replacement: A renovation is a good time to consider if your pipes may need some work. Your plumber will be able to advise you. The decision is largely based on the age of your pipes and the material they are made from. Replacing your pipes during a renovation may add to the cost of your project, but it can save you from spending more money to have them replaced later when they start to leak and break.
- Permits: This is one of the factors of renovations that are often overlooked. Depending on where you live, and if you are making any changes to your plumbing, your municipality may require you to have a permit. A professional plumber will be able to advise you about any permits you may need.
- Sustainability: We recommend making decisions about your renovation that include sustainable or green materials. Using these elements means you can save money on your water bill while doing the right thing for the environment. It is also beneficial that sustainable fixtures are often built to last longer than non-eco-friendly ones.
A kitchen renovation is an exciting time, but it can also be stressful. There are many things to remember and many details that will need to be worked out. However, with some proper planning and help from a professional plumber, you can create a plan that works.
For more information about professional plumbing services, call Drain King Plumbers at 1-833-983-5301 or contact us here.