It’s perfectly normal — and smart — to want to live in a space that’s built to last. However, even the most advanced appliances and fixtures are prone to wear-and-tear. And there’s more to be said about ageing plumbing systems.
The fact is, a lot of the homes in the GTA are old; when sold, a lot of cosmetic changes like fresh paint and furniture are made, while underground pipes — especially the old clay variety — stay in place. These are designed to last for just twenty-five years and deteriorate even faster with grease, chemical, debris, and other waste build-ups that block the flow of wastewater for disposal. Aboveground, you’ll notice leaks, clogging, slow drainage, and at worst, collapsed or broken pipes. Luckily, these can be removed and prevented with sewer hydro-jetting.
What is Sewer Hydro-Jetting?
How can you keep sewers clean and clear of damaging build-up? Even with DIY toolkits, it’s impossible to do a thorough clean of underground pipes. As well, traditional sewer cleaning methods involving chemicals and other toxic materials cause corrosion and pose safety hazards.
Sewer hydro-jetting is the fast, modern alternative to DIY methods and toxic chemical cleaners. By using a stream of high-pressure water, hydro-jetting cleans drains thoroughly and removes blockages such as grease build-up, loose hair, sludge, grime, chemicals, tree branches, and a lot more.
Because it only uses water, it’s 100% safe and effective. It’s a simple process that removes blockages in pipes and sewer lines, so you can turn on the taps for cooking, cleaning, and showering without fear of causing clogs and affecting the flow of wastewater outside your home.
Book a Sewer Hydro-Jetting
At Drain King Plumbers, our certified plumbers and sewer technicians place a premium on clean, blockage-free sewers. We use advanced sewer camera systems and cables to navigate sewer lines and locate clogs or blockages for hydro-jetting removal. With regular maintenance and cleaning, we’re confident that we can prevent a lot of the plumbing emergencies that no homeowner wants to come home to.
Sewer hydro-jetting is the first step in keeping drains clear and functioning properly. Unlike chemical cleaning, this technique is completely safe, toxic-free, and ensures a thorough clean of the sewer lines to ensure proper disposal of wastewater. With regular sewer cleaning, we can keep your sewer system functioning properly and keep pipes and drains healthy for long-term use.
When to Book a Sewer Hydro-Jetting
Many homeowners only call plumbers when they come home to a broken pipe, flooded basement, or severely clogged sink or toilet. But these plumbing emergencies — no matter how severe — are all preventable.
Think about how much money and time you can save when you book regular sewer cleaning and maintenance. Standing water, clogs, and even growing tree roots can all be safely removed before they cause plumbing nightmares.
Regular sewer hydro-jetting quickly removes waste build-up and blockages and keeps pipes clear for proper wastewater disposal. The problem is, most homeowners don’t know when they need one. Here are some of the telltale signs that you need a sewer hydro-jetting:
- Slow drainage in multiple areas of your house
- Foul odours circulating no matter how clean your surroundings appear, and are often traceable to the drains or pipes
- Odd sounds coming from the drains or pipes
- Unusual spikes in your water bill
- Old, deteriorating pipes in older homes in the GTA are usually built with clay and are likely to degrade from grease and chemical build-up and constrict the flow of waste materials.
Sewer Hydro-Jetting: How it Works
Hydro-jetting is a quick and effective way to get rid of damaging waste build-up and blockages, as well as tree roots encroaching on underground pipes. It’s a simple and completely toxic-free process that keeps sewer lines clear so that wastewater can flow safely from the drains to outside your home.
- Sewer camera inspection: our plumbers use a fibre-optic camera guided using flexible metal cables to inspect the sewer lines and locate waste build-up and blockages. This thorough inspection ensures precise hydro-jetting targeting and water pressure settings for effective unclogging and cleaning.
- Trenchless threading: once the clog or blockage is located, our plumber’s thread thin, tiny jets into the sewer pipes that spew high-pressure water for removing build-up. This high-pressure force can quickly cut into or break up built-up waste so these can flow freely down the pipe.
- Waste removal: with waste items cut into smaller chunks or turned to sludge; these can flow out of the sewers for proper disposal. Unlike mechanical snakes and rotating blades, hydro-jetting also reduces the tension on pipes and prevents them from breaking.
Why Sewer Hydro-Jetting
Simply put, there’s no better way to clean sewer lines and ensure the optimal flow of wastewater outside your home. Sewer hydro-jetting provides a thorough and effective clean that goes beyond unclogging backed-up drains and sewers for longer, more reliable performance:
- Cleaning vs. Unclogging: removing blockages in drains and sewer lines is a temporary solution — these only remove existing material blocking the flow of wastewater without actually cleaning the surroundings. Hydro-jetting breaks down these blockages for fast removal, and thoroughly rids the pipes of sludge and other grime clinging to them to avoid recurring clogs.
- Savings: drain and sewer unclogging are usually a one-time service — you won’t book one unless it’s needed, and you pay for it each time. But with hydro-jetting, sewer pipes are cleaned thoroughly to remove build-up and blockages before they cause severe clogs. Hydro-jetting keeps pipes clear for longer, providing massive plumbing savings than one-time emergency treatments.